Web Developer for Filament GroupBoston, MA Jun 2012 to Present
Front End Architect for Union Pacific Railroad Co.Omaha, NE Jun 2011 to May 2012
- While maintaining a technical leadership role on prior projects, also responsible for setting the company's direction for mobile application development.
- Developed a small mobile reusable component library based on jQuery Mobile to apply to both mobile web and hybrid native applications.
- Took full ownership of front end development on all company authentication pages, both internal/external and mobile/desktop. Used progressive enhancement to expand device support.
- Started an HTML5 and Open Web User Group to educate developers on cutting edge web browser features.
Reusable Component Library Project Lead for Union Pacific Railroad Co.Omaha, NE Jul 2008 to May 2011
- Lead developer and support team for the standard User Interface framework used on all new web projects.
- Included 62 separate reusable components across 5 simultaneous major code branches and over 50 different released versions.
- Sole provider of support to a large developer base (~1500 employees and contractors in IT) which yielded an average of over 400 support tickets per year.
- Reduced total yearly defect support tickets by 43% from 2008 to 2010.
- Migrated existing code base to comply with new i18n requirements without incurring a runtime performance penalty.
- Adapted to marketing department's company wide brand refresh, centrally and easily applied to all applications.
- Improved performance by reducing component initialization times between major versions by 5.2X in IE7 with the addition of server-side Wicket integration.
- Prevented an Adobe Flexpocalypse by opposing adoption of Adobe Flex as the primary UI development tool using the merits of the Open Web.
- Put into practice an automated test suite using JsTestDriver.
Front End Engineer for Union Pacific Railroad Co.Omaha, NE Jun 2006 to Jul 2008
- User Interface development for three internal projects, one of which received approximately 15 million hits per month.
- Developed Apache Ant build process for automated deployment including CSS and JS minimization.