‘Indie Web’ Notes
I think it’s valuable to collect my thoughts as sort of a personal brain log, so as each work week progresses I’ll collect notes and publish them at the end of the week. This is the first installment of that series.
- Jeremy Keith and I are starting a crime-fighting duo, per this picture by Juliana Schütz taken at Beyond Tellerrand.
- New blog post: The Co-opetition of Team Web
- Google Fonts not only added
font-displaysupport but are encouraging usage by including
display=swapin the default code you can copy and paste on their site. Updated my blog post at Google Fonts is Adding
font-displayto reflect this. (via Houssein Djirdeh)
- New blog post:
font-displayis Incompatible with Icon Fonts
- Added a new GitHub ❤️ Sponsor button to the top of the Eleventy repo. It simply links to our Open Collective page.
- Eleventy’s mascot, Edison the Static-Generating Possum, turns one year old this week! (via Kenneth Luplau-Brøgger)
- Awesome Eleventy launches:
The bar indicating you’re viewing an @AMPhtml page—and the only visible cue you’re not on the original, real page—seems to be getting progressively smaller, and harder to use.—Ethan Marcotte
The AMP toolbar is shrinking, further damaging the integrity of the URL.
“I only really feel burnout from lack of alignment with goals. So if I work on a project of my own, I recharge because my values are honored.”—Sarah Drasner
Wow—I’ve never seen burnout framed like this but it reverberated through my bones.